Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring! There are so many fantastic plant-based meals out there to enjoy, whether you’re having a meat-free-Monday, or a total lifestyle change. Give these tacos a try, they’re part of a delicious and healthy Tex-Mex meal that the whole...read more
My kids have wheat allergies, so birthday parties and school cake stalls can be tricky! So they can enjoy sweet treats like the rest of their friends, I have been working hard to create healthy, gluten-free, but still delicious alternatives. These cupcakes have been given the tick of approval by everyone in my kids’ classes. They’re also full of antioxidants and they’re refined sugar free!
- 2½ cups of almond flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you could switch this for agave if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt, kefir, whole milk yoghurt, or sour cream
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Grab a large bowl and mash your bananas and then whisk in your eggs. Stir in your maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients: almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Then stir your dry ingredients into your large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until almost combined, then add in your choc chips and stir until combined. Just don’t over mix!
- Divide the batter into the cup-cake wrappers (about ¾ full) and bake for 19-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Decorate with your favourite icing (we love this peanut-choc version) and enjoy!
Our favourite story-bought seasonings can be full of chemicals and gluten. This is a terrific and simple version of taco seasoning. It’s great for any kind of Mexican meal, and will last for months in a jar! 1 tbsp chili powder ½ tbsp ground cumin ¼ tsp garlic...read more
Can you actually road trip with a toddler? Caravan with kids? Wayfair with your wee ones? You can with our handy hints, and even enjoy it (mostly). My love affair with life on the road began when my husband and I were first married. We flew to the US and drove...read more
You’ve been told that ‘you’re worth it’ and to ‘love the skin you’re in’ by cosmetic manufacturers a million times. But your body deserves better than the truckload of chemicals packaged into many mainstream moisturisers and creams. Luckily there are some simple...read more
My kids have wheat allergies, so birthday parties and school cake stalls can be tricky! So they can enjoy sweet treats like the rest of their friends, I have been working hard to create healthy, gluten-free, but still delicious alternatives. These cupcakes have been...read more
I love chicken stew and this one is packed with flavour and nutritious goodies. There’s something about the natural sweetness of the apples balanced with the saltiness of the bacon that really makes the meal. My whole family loves it. 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…