Chicken and Avocado Rice Bowl
This yummy and healthy rice bowl will quickly become a family favourite and keep them asking for more!
- Rice ¾ cup
- 1 avocado
- 6 cherry/grape tomatoes
- Corn kernels ½ cup (fresh or frozen organic)
- Edamame or kidney beans ½ cup
- 2 chicken breasts
- Coriander (cilantro) small bunch
- Natural Pumpkin seeds ¼ cup
- Natural Sesame seeds ¼ cup
- Honey ½ tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Juice from one whole lemon or lime
- Cook rice using your preferred method.
- Zest & juice lemon or lime
- Grill/bake chicken breasts lightly spiced with salt/pepper or spices of your choice
- Saute corn until lightly golden brown
- Slice cherry/grape tomatoes
- Cut avocado into 2cm squares
- Roughly chop coriander
- In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and honey, add salt and pepper to taste
- Fluff cooked rice
- Separate rice into servings
- Add sliced or chopped chicken breast to each bowl
- Drizzle with lemon dressing
- Add edamame, avocado, and corn and mix to each bowl
- Top with roasted seeds, coriander and chopped tomato
- Additional extras for some Mexican flair: sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, red onions.
Is it just me or is chocolate for breakfast, as a healthy, lasting option the BEST news you’ve ever heard? Now bear with me, I know “breakfast quinoa” does not sound delicious. But let your imagination focus on the chocolate macaroon part, and I promise you will NOT...
That feeling of an organised pantry! When everything is organised, it makes those last minute dinner ideas flow a lot smoothly and if you’ve got your basic bulk wholefoods covered you’ve instantly got a meal to feed the family.To save on the environment and your...
Making healthy choices may sometimes feel overwhelming with all of the different information available. Choosing to fuel your body with nourishing food doesn’t need to be restrictive or boring. Here are some of my favourite healthy food alternatives.Tortilla wraps...
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…