GF Chocolate Cupcakes
My kids have wheat allergies, so birthday parties and school cake stalls can be tricky! So they can enjoy sweet treats like the rest of their friends, I have been working hard to create healthy, gluten-free, but still delicious alternatives. These cupcakes have been given the tick of approval by everyone in my kids’ classes. They’re also full of antioxidants and they’re refined sugar free!
- 2½ cups of almond flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you could switch this for agave if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt, kefir, whole milk yoghurt, or sour cream
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Grab a large bowl and mash your bananas and then whisk in your eggs. Stir in your maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients: almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Then stir your dry ingredients into your large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until almost combined, then add in your choc chips and stir until combined. Just don’t over mix!
- Divide the batter into the cup-cake wrappers (about ¾ full) and bake for 19-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Decorate with your favourite icing (we love this peanut-choc version) and enjoy!
That feeling of an organised pantry! When everything is organised, it makes those last minute dinner ideas flow a lot smoothly and if you’ve got your basic bulk wholefoods covered you’ve instantly got a meal to feed the family.To save on the environment and your...
Making healthy choices may sometimes feel overwhelming with all of the different information available. Choosing to fuel your body with nourishing food doesn’t need to be restrictive or boring. Here are some of my favourite healthy food alternatives.Tortilla wraps...
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...
Saying things are uncertain at the moment is a bit of an understatement, We have record unemployment, stay-at-home orders, and kids aren’t able to go to school. Covid-19 has brought an unprecedented situation and it’s distressing on multiple levels. One of the things...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…