GF Chocolate Cupcakes
My kids have wheat allergies, so birthday parties and school cake stalls can be tricky! So they can enjoy sweet treats like the rest of their friends, I have been working hard to create healthy, gluten-free, but still delicious alternatives. These cupcakes have been given the tick of approval by everyone in my kids’ classes. They’re also full of antioxidants and they’re refined sugar free!
- 2½ cups of almond flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you could switch this for agave if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt, kefir, whole milk yoghurt, or sour cream
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Grab a large bowl and mash your bananas and then whisk in your eggs. Stir in your maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients: almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Then stir your dry ingredients into your large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until almost combined, then add in your choc chips and stir until combined. Just don’t over mix!
- Divide the batter into the cup-cake wrappers (about ¾ full) and bake for 19-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Decorate with your favourite icing (we love this peanut-choc version) and enjoy!
We all know how important stories are for child development. But when my daughter was born with a hearing impairment, I went on a journey into reading that was more impactful that I could have imagined. Prior to her birth, I wasn't an avid reader. To be honest, I...read more
You don’t need to wait for a new year to focus on being a healthier version of yourself, you can make the changes to your lifestyle right now. Here are 5 great ideas to put into practice: An initiative launched over a decade ago by Paul, Maru and Stella McCartney –...read more
Think your child needs a perfect parent? Think again. Kids need so many things in order to grow, but a perfect parent isn’t one of them. In fact, a quest to be perfect can often have the opposite effect. So much of parenting is modelling, and we need to show our...read more
Have you ever heard the terms macro or micronutrients thrown around in health circles? Or perhaps you’ve read about them in books and blogs and wondered what's a simple way to incorporate them into your busy lifestyle? I was in the same boat, sick of nutritional...read more
I love the comfort of a lasagne or pasta bake, but I know these dishes are full of processed carbs and not exactly packed with nutrition. Zucchini boats are a great way to make a healthy version of pizza or pasta, and this basic recipe can be tweaked to include your...read more
These delicious tarts are a perfect treat for the summer when avocados are in season! Super yummy and easy to whip up, they are always a crowd pleaser! 1 cup almonds ¼ cup dried dates ½ cup shredded coconut 2 tsp vegan butter or preferred oil ½ tsp vanilla paste 2...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…