Hearty Beef Stroganoff
Our family loves this super easy and tasty dinner, everyone from my picky two year old through to my gourmet chef of a husband. I love that I can throw it all in a slow cooker in the morning and we have a delicious, healthy dinner on the table in the evenings after a long tiring day. Plus, we usually have most of these ingredients on hand already.
This recipe makes enough for lunch leftovers the next day or, do what I do, and put half of the batch straight into the freezer for a future dinner meal.
- 1kg beef blade steak cut into chunks or strips (or any cut of beef that you like to use in a slow cooker – you can even use chicken thighs)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic tomato paste
- 1 tin (about 400g) organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp beef stock powder (or 1 stock cube)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup natural Greek yoghurt (or sour cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the slow cooker until fragrant. Add smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the meat and cook until browned.
- Add tin of tomatoes, Dijon mustard, tomato paste, crumbled stock cube, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add mushrooms and stir to mix through. Place lid on and slow cook for 6 hours (or choose the best setting on your slow cooker).
- Just before serving, stir though the Greek yoghurt.
- Serve on top of your favourite side – I think zucchini noodles, mashed potato, cooked rice or cauliflower mash all work well!
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...read more
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...read more
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...read more
Saying things are uncertain at the moment is a bit of an understatement, We have record unemployment, stay-at-home orders, and kids aren’t able to go to school. Covid-19 has brought an unprecedented situation and it’s distressing on multiple levels. One of the things...read more
As the weather is still warm this is an easy recipe for a quick and healthy snack or dessert for the family. You can swap dragon fruit for any other fruit of your choice 1 cup frozen dragon fruit ½ cup coconut milk 1 banana 1 sachet vanilla complete protein powder...read more
This hearty delicious soup is gluten free, dairy free and so packed full of goodness! It is so versatile you can really add or leave out anything you want! We sometimes love it with cooked gluten free pasta added in too! Just find any vegetables in your fridge you...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…