Lunchbox Friendly Breaky Muffin
When it comes to staying on top of life, bake and freeze options are a blessing in disguise and these lunchbox friendly Breaky Muffins certainly make life easier. Quick, easy & delicious, the biggest challenge we seem to have is saving them for lunchboxes.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup berries, or banana, or softened pear or apple **
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a muffin tray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- In separate bowl gently whisk together eggs, vanilla, honey, milk and yogurt until combined.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until combined. ** If you are only using one type of fruit, you can gently stir the fruit into the batter now.
- Half fill the muffin cups with mixture, allowing space for the fruit and room for the muffins to rise in the oven.
- Press a small amount of your choice of fruit to the centre of the mixture in each of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and firm.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan before transferring them into an airtight container and into the freezer.
Is it just me or is chocolate for breakfast, as a healthy, lasting option the BEST news you’ve ever heard? Now bear with me, I know “breakfast quinoa” does not sound delicious. But let your imagination focus on the chocolate macaroon part, and I promise you will NOT...read more
That feeling of an organised pantry! When everything is organised, it makes those last minute dinner ideas flow a lot smoothly and if you’ve got your basic bulk wholefoods covered you’ve instantly got a meal to feed the family.To save on the environment and your...read more
Making healthy choices may sometimes feel overwhelming with all of the different information available. Choosing to fuel your body with nourishing food doesn’t need to be restrictive or boring. Here are some of my favourite healthy food alternatives.Tortilla wraps...read more
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...read more
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...read more
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…