Veggie ‘Bolognese’ Sauce
This is an incredible vegetarian bolognese that doubles a delicious sauce for lasagne. It’s also a great way to make use of more mature or bruised veggies.
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 2 capsicums
- 2 brown onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Olive Oil (or preferred oil)
- Preheat oven on 200 C.
- Dice tomatoes, capsicums, onions, eggplant, zucchini, and sweet potato and set aside.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Combine all ingredients in zip lock bag or an airtight container and allow 20-30 min before roasting. If you’re meal prepping, your sauce is ready to be placed in the freezer for later use.
- Gently pour contents onto a lined baking tray and bake for 50-60 min at 180 degrees. A larger tray allows the veggies to be roasted evenly.
- Once the veggies have reached your desired roasted look, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Blend the roasted veggies including the sauces which it lay in, on high until the mixture is of a sooth and slightly runny consistency.
- Add to your favourite pasta!
Is it just me or is chocolate for breakfast, as a healthy, lasting option the BEST news you’ve ever heard? Now bear with me, I know “breakfast quinoa” does not sound delicious. But let your imagination focus on the chocolate macaroon part, and I promise you will NOT...read more
That feeling of an organised pantry! When everything is organised, it makes those last minute dinner ideas flow a lot smoothly and if you’ve got your basic bulk wholefoods covered you’ve instantly got a meal to feed the family.To save on the environment and your...read more
Making healthy choices may sometimes feel overwhelming with all of the different information available. Choosing to fuel your body with nourishing food doesn’t need to be restrictive or boring. Here are some of my favourite healthy food alternatives.Tortilla wraps...read more
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...read more
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...read more
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…