- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1.5 cups of your favourite pasta sauce (home-made tomato or bolognese work well)
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella or non-dairy alternative
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Scoop out the insides of the zucchini to create zucchini ‘boats’.
- Heat up a frypan to medium and add your olive oil.
- Add zucchini and cook until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Put your zucchini onto a large baking sheet and spoon in your sauce and top with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is a bubbling golden brown. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with herbs and serve!
- Top your boats with nitrate-free pepperoni, sliced olives, and mushrooms before sprinkling on cheese for a ‘pizza’ vibe.
- Add fresh chilli to your sauce for ‘arrabiata’.
- Add meatballs for extra protein.
- Add extra nutrition and flavour by adding halved cherry tomatoes and pickled artichokes.
We all know how important stories are for child development. But when my daughter was born with a hearing impairment, I went on a journey into reading that was more impactful that I could have imagined. Prior to her birth, I wasn't an avid reader. To be honest, I...read more
You don’t need to wait for a new year to focus on being a healthier version of yourself, you can make the changes to your lifestyle right now. Here are 5 great ideas to put into practice: An initiative launched over a decade ago by Paul, Maru and Stella McCartney –...read more
Think your child needs a perfect parent? Think again. Kids need so many things in order to grow, but a perfect parent isn’t one of them. In fact, a quest to be perfect can often have the opposite effect. So much of parenting is modelling, and we need to show our...read more
Have you ever heard the terms macro or micronutrients thrown around in health circles? Or perhaps you’ve read about them in books and blogs and wondered what's a simple way to incorporate them into your busy lifestyle? I was in the same boat, sick of nutritional...read more
These delicious tarts are a perfect treat for the summer when avocados are in season! Super yummy and easy to whip up, they are always a crowd pleaser! 1 cup almonds ¼ cup dried dates ½ cup shredded coconut 2 tsp vegan butter or preferred oil ½ tsp vanilla paste 2...read more
Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring! There are so many fantastic plant-based meals out there to enjoy, whether you’re having a meat-free-Monday, or a total lifestyle change. Give these tacos a try, they’re part of a delicious and healthy Tex-Mex meal that the whole...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…