Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring! There are so many fantastic plant-based meals out there to enjoy, whether you’re having a meat-free-Monday, or a total lifestyle change. Give these tacos a try, they’re part of a delicious and healthy Tex-Mex meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 butternut pumpkin or two large sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of organic black beans
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp of olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- Bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 3 avocados chopped into 1cm chunks
- 3 cups of baby spinach, rocket, or your favourite shredded lettuce.
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- Organic corn tortillas
- Optional: Vegan Mexican or Feta Cheese, pumpkin seeds,
- Optional: Sliced jalapenos or chipotle sauce.
- Peel and cut your pumpkin or sweet potatoes into 2cm square chunks and roast in a 180 C oven for around 25 minutes, or until they have cooked through and begun to caramelize.
- Heat your oil in a large fry pan and saute the onion over medium heat until it is translucent. Add in your garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning (if you don’t have time to make our GF seasoning, you can use a sachet of a store bought organic alternative) and stir for a minute.
- Add the ¼ cup of water and the black beans to the frypan and stir until the beans are warmed through and the water has reduced to about a tablespoon.
- Add your pumpkin/sweet potato to the pan and stir.
- Serve the veggie/bean mix with wedges of lime, a bowl of baby or chopped lettuce leaves, coriander, chopped avocado, vegan cheese or pumpkin seeds, chilli of your choice, and organic corn tortillas.
- Our pineapple salsa and watermelon salad are also great accompaniments.
Is it just me or is chocolate for breakfast, as a healthy, lasting option the BEST news you’ve ever heard? Now bear with me, I know “breakfast quinoa” does not sound delicious. But let your imagination focus on the chocolate macaroon part, and I promise you will NOT...
That feeling of an organised pantry! When everything is organised, it makes those last minute dinner ideas flow a lot smoothly and if you’ve got your basic bulk wholefoods covered you’ve instantly got a meal to feed the family.To save on the environment and your...
Making healthy choices may sometimes feel overwhelming with all of the different information available. Choosing to fuel your body with nourishing food doesn’t need to be restrictive or boring. Here are some of my favourite healthy food alternatives.Tortilla wraps...
These delicious moist brownies are a favourite in our house! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are the only way I love my sweet potatoes after all they are meant to be sweet right?? Packed full of goodness and no nasties!! 2 medium sweet potatoes...
As a parent, most of us feel as though we know our children pretty well. Their likes, dislikes and their unspoken emotions that are shown on their face and in their body language. However, as our children grow more independent of us the constant change can leave them...
At this moment many people are struggling, feeling like their world, life, and mind are in a state of flux. During a time of chaos, you often have feelings of uncertainty, fear, insecurity, and a loss of control of the situation. But, it is crucial to keep a calm...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…