Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring! There are so many fantastic plant-based meals out there to enjoy, whether you’re having a meat-free-Monday, or a total lifestyle change. Give these tacos a try, they’re part of a delicious and healthy Tex-Mex meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 butternut pumpkin or two large sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of organic black beans
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp of olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- Bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 3 avocados chopped into 1cm chunks
- 3 cups of baby spinach, rocket, or your favourite shredded lettuce.
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- Organic corn tortillas
- Optional: Vegan Mexican or Feta Cheese, pumpkin seeds,
- Optional: Sliced jalapenos or chipotle sauce.
- Peel and cut your pumpkin or sweet potatoes into 2cm square chunks and roast in a 180 C oven for around 25 minutes, or until they have cooked through and begun to caramelize.
- Heat your oil in a large fry pan and saute the onion over medium heat until it is translucent. Add in your garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning (if you don’t have time to make our GF seasoning, you can use a sachet of a store bought organic alternative) and stir for a minute.
- Add the ¼ cup of water and the black beans to the frypan and stir until the beans are warmed through and the water has reduced to about a tablespoon.
- Add your pumpkin/sweet potato to the pan and stir.
- Serve the veggie/bean mix with wedges of lime, a bowl of baby or chopped lettuce leaves, coriander, chopped avocado, vegan cheese or pumpkin seeds, chilli of your choice, and organic corn tortillas.
- Our pineapple salsa and watermelon salad are also great accompaniments.
We all know how important stories are for child development. But when my daughter was born with a hearing impairment, I went on a journey into reading that was more impactful that I could have imagined. Prior to her birth, I wasn't an avid reader. To be honest, I...read more
You don’t need to wait for a new year to focus on being a healthier version of yourself, you can make the changes to your lifestyle right now. Here are 5 great ideas to put into practice: An initiative launched over a decade ago by Paul, Maru and Stella McCartney –...read more
Think your child needs a perfect parent? Think again. Kids need so many things in order to grow, but a perfect parent isn’t one of them. In fact, a quest to be perfect can often have the opposite effect. So much of parenting is modelling, and we need to show our...read more
Have you ever heard the terms macro or micronutrients thrown around in health circles? Or perhaps you’ve read about them in books and blogs and wondered what's a simple way to incorporate them into your busy lifestyle? I was in the same boat, sick of nutritional...read more
I love the comfort of a lasagne or pasta bake, but I know these dishes are full of processed carbs and not exactly packed with nutrition. Zucchini boats are a great way to make a healthy version of pizza or pasta, and this basic recipe can be tweaked to include your...read more
These delicious tarts are a perfect treat for the summer when avocados are in season! Super yummy and easy to whip up, they are always a crowd pleaser! 1 cup almonds ¼ cup dried dates ½ cup shredded coconut 2 tsp vegan butter or preferred oil ½ tsp vanilla paste 2...read more
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…